Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

08-10-2010

The continuation of yesterday. I started working in the morning itself. As I heard network sharing is the best idea,  I installed samba server in Ubuntu. It was fine. I simply installed it using apt-get. After that I created a folder and shared in the network in Windows7. Now using samba I can open that shared folder. 

But also the copy paste between OSs functionality was working. So the shared folder never need anymore. I copied qemu for linux and the OpenWRT image into linux. But I don't know how to install qemu. Because I can't find any install file inside it. It was the souce. I have to compile and make it. I read about it only in the evening. As I don't know how to compile it, again I used apt-get to install qemo. Finally I converted the raw image into vmdk image. And I created the vmx file by copying the code provided in the post itself. 

I copied both vmdk and vmx file into window. Now I opened that in VMware. As usual, it didn't run. It has reported a syntax error. I'm exhausted. I searched for possibilities to convert binary file into iso image. The result came as there are software available to do  that. 

So now I started how to compile source code into binary file. I read in linux.org. Also searched many posts,  blogs, etc. Till didn't find anything valuable. Search will continue tomorow...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment